Monday, March 19, 2007

Feeling Secure w/ the Patriot Act?

This flower was taken while I was being run through a check by a very polite police officer.He said that someone had called in reporting suspicious activity . Of someone taking pictures. With the terrorist threat and ...he tried to explain ,with the air going out of his sails .....well he took down my name,phone and website url.
I had explained that I was taking pics for my Blog and this had interested him for some reason...he wanted to know, that if I was I homeless , how do I get on the internet? Well, I told him I use the library extensively as my office(sometimes working 6-8 hrs) ."very resourceful," I believe he said.
This is how resourceful I can be,...I invested in some rechargable batteries /charger for the camera , which should cut down on expenses.Where do I charge up my phone and batteries? The Myriad gardens! I recharge my Sansa mp3 on the library computer.
Well , I am glad that someone, somewhere , is looking out for us , but I didn't feel very good being seized , and questioned. Was it the backpack, the clothing , the camera?
Bricktown is in the heart of the OKC downtown entertainment district and it was recently revitalized.More people are frequenting the area.
I was stopped , questioned and detained by a "polite officer"......I still have mixed feelings ...











pic is of a guy taking a pic of me.



This next one was taken from the top of the parking garage in Bricktown.










Well judge for yourself....I guess I do look a little suspicious or something, what it is I don't know, but this photo was taken about 15 min after I was given the clear,in front of the Cox Convention Center

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.